New web-based application enabling service users, their friends and
families, care workers and commissioners to securely log into
information supplied directly via CareManager3.
CareOnline runs in any web browser. The Local Authority may also
log in to review the performance of a Care Provider, given the
The core of the system is aimed at service users and carers;
access for commissioners requires the permission of the care
CareOnline allows the service user, or anyone to whom they grant
permissions, to access information about their service
* Future care visits
* Identifies which carer is attending
* Enables them to see their account - essential in the case of
self- directed budgets
* Additional care can be requested
* Plans for care visits to be evaluated by the service users
* Exchange messages between service user and care provider
Care workers can securely access information about their
schedules and update personal information stored on CareManager3.
They will be able to request holiday, days off or changes to their
Rosters can be viewed saving the care provider recurring postal
charges. Updates to the schedule can be easily communicated.
CareOnline allows for a commissioning body to securely log into
the visits delivered by a provider.
* See visit information past, present and planned
* Actual log-in times
* Running budgets as each visit is confirmed.
The commissioner needs permissions granted by the care provider to
The application is hosted on the Windows Azure cloud computing
platform. h.e.t software recently won a national competition
promoted by Avanade, a joint venture between Microsoft and Avanade,
to assist in the development of this application.